Hello Terra Novians! We're back for another fun-filled adventure with those wacky prehistoric future people. I must say while we're still not charting into "Legendary Show" territory, I do feel an improvement with each episode that airs. In this one, we spend some much needed time with Terra Nova's arch-nemisis "Sixers" and we dive more into the question of "Who really are the good guys?" which pretty much drives all of these types of shows these days. It's sad to say but the cheesy line factor was way down from last week (which was just about every line of the show). But don't you fear, there definitely was some stuff to save for the final section of this recap. Anyway, let's cut to the cheese...umm...chase. Sorry. (Admit it, along with those eye rolls, some of you may have let out a tiny chuckle) Recap time!
- Taylor spent a lot of time trying to find their mole. They thought that someone must've tipped off the Sixers but it turned out all to be a ruse. But it didn't stop them from interrogating a fellow 6th Pilgrimage guy, Robert Stanley. Robert was never questioned since he stayed at Terra Nova but now Taylor is suspicious. Malcolm got all heated up when his fellow science nerd was questioned. Possibly more to come on this story but for now Robbie is in the clear.
- I'm not sure, but are we to assume that the bartender dude is the mole? He seems to only really supplies from the Sixers. But, he did refer to Jim Shannon as "the enemy" so maybe this is supposed to be obvious.
- Taylor also wanted to turn little girl Lea into a spy for them. Kind of supports that maybe he isn't a very moral person. But, what does that say about Mira who threatened Lea and turned HER into a thief?
- So, what's in that crazy box? It's locked away with Malcolm right now who we also have to suspect might be in cahoots with the sixers, right? I dunno, all of these shows have just trained me to not trust anyone, but everything could be very SURFACE LEVEL on this one! Maybe whatever is in the box is some way to communicate, or possibly travel back to the future? Hey, I'm just reaching here.
- Taylor apparently has a lot of knowledge about the earlier pilgrimages that came to Terra Nova. He knew everyone's name. He remembered Lea and her brother Sam.
- Elizabeth had some crazy finger gadget that could scan eyes, ears and mouth to give people a check-up. I think even Dr. McCoy would have been impressed by that technology and he wouldn't be around for another century! (you know, if they didn't travel back in time)
- Taylor said that if Mira returns a 3rd time threatening Terra Nova, there will be war. Bring it on!!
- Oh and the biggest thing that I forgot to mention. Mira has a daughter that was 4 when she left the future. Apparently, this ominous "THEY" are not letting Mira see her daughter again until they take out Taylor. She wants Jim on the "right" side of history. And yes, Jim did not tell Taylor any of this.
- Wheelchair Guy with No Legs
"Little Lea Marcos. You remember me? I definitely remember you. I never forget a name or a face but somewhere along the line, I forgot my legs. So if you happen to see them walking around without me could you tell them I'm looking for them?"
Whew....that was the most random scene ever! But I'm sure this guy with his Olivia Dunham photographic memory will end up playing into some plot later on.
- Reynolds: As you know, I've begun the initial stages of courting Maddy and .....
Jim: You are aware that I carry a gun, have a short temper and tend to hold grudges, right?
All they needed was Rodney Atkins "Cleaning this Gun" playing behind it and it would have been complete. And seriously....COURTING!?!?!
- At least Maddy called her out on the old fashioned stuff that Taylor apparently taught him. I guess somewhere after 2011, it once again became hip to act like it is the 1800s again??
Reynolds: I want to declare my intentions to you Maddy Shannon
Maddy: You want to do what to me?
Reynolds: To....court you.
Reynolds: People used to do it this way.
Maddy: Well technically they will do it this way in the future. Then again they'll also wear corsets.
Whew...I don't think I can take anymore!
- But I'll do one more.
Maddy starts talking about her bad day but doesn't know where to start.
Reynolds puts his arm out and says, "Start at the beginning, I have time."
Bring me the Velveeta please!!
- This season I will be recapping Fringe, Terra Nova, The Walking Dead and Alcatraz. If one of these new shows ends up not doing well, I may bail on it quickly. This could make room for a show that DOES end up doing well!
- The Walking Dead season 1 is a quick 6 episode watch. It is now available on Netflix streaming, at Redbox. I highly recommend the view!
- See trailers for the Mid-Season shows I'm looking forward to: Alcatraz, Awake and Touch. I doubt I'll have time to recap them all but they will most likely be discussed on this blog!
- As always, there are other shows that I watch as well and would be happy to discuss with all of you. For a complete list by day, you can check out my "FALL TV" post.