Hello and welcome back! This was our penultimate episode of season 4 and it was pretty darn good! While the episode certainly focused on Glenn's crew and Daryl's new crew for the most part, we certainly caught up with a lot of our other separated survivors. Everyone seems to be enroute to the same place. Let's dive in and discuss!
- We followed Glenn, Tara, Abraham, Eugene and Rosita as they marched towards Terminus. Glenn started seeing Maggie's signs and he started quickening his pace. Abraham's primary concern was keeping Eugene alive still so he had to negotiate along the way with an eager Glenn. They kept pushing on until they got to a train tunnel which was just too risky for Abraham's crew. Tara still felt like she owed Glenn so she went with. If I feared for anyone's life in this episode it would be her. I certainly knew Glenn wouldn't bite it in that cave! But, we learned along the way that Eugene sort of developed a bit of a crush on the girl who only likes other girls. And well, he kinda liked Glenn too. He managed to redirect their vehicle to put them in a position where they could help Glenn and Tara. And they happened to find Maggie, Sasha and Bob along the way. Good thing, since Tara got caught under some rocks and Glenn refused to leave her!
- So, Glenn and Maggie were reunited and we all cried happy tears! (okay, this show doesn't really move me to tears, but of course we were happy!) Of course, they were all filled in on the fact that Eugene has some serious intel on the zombie plague and are all pretty much willing to go with them to Washington. But, they all agree that it's in their best interest to go to Terminus first. (Or the viewers would be kinda p.o.'d that we were moving towards it this whole half season for no reason!)
- Eugene had some decent one liners during the episode talking about video games and asking what type of gamer Tara was, and how he was well aware that Tara was into girls. Abraham got some good zingers in there too.
- Meanwhile, Daryl was going through his initiation into Joe's group. There was one dude who was not really on board with Daryl from the start. Their other archer. We basically followed a whole storyline about their rules on claiming things. Daryl was refusing to take part in it, but he was still honest with Joe about everything. There was the whole rabbit claiming business and annoying guy planted his half of the rabbit on Daryl's stuff. Daryl told the truth and Joe like that. The result? They killed annoying dude. Ouch!
- Anyway, by the end Daryl is claiming things just like everyone else and we find out Joe is looking for revenge on Rick for the whole house incident. They picked up his trail enroute to Terminus so now they have a destination for that vengeance. Uh oh!!
- Nice little character building scene with Rick, Carl and Michonne on the tracks as well. It wasn't exactly Hurley and Ben sharing a candy bar outside of "Smokey Jacob's cabin" but it was still pretty sweet. And Rick smiled! We all know there must be bad news around the corner if Rick is getting comfortable enough to smile!
- Glenn, Maggie and crew finally reach Terminus to the sounds a welcoming and happy soundtrack and to the sight of unlocked gates with nerve calming signs. They go in with their weapons lowered, see signs of civilized life around and run into a woman named Mary. She welcomed them to Terminus in the most equally peaceful and creepy way possible! Of course, maybe that was just me assuming that there must be more to this happy facade!