Hello and welcome back to the Revolution! That was a pretty darned entertaining episode which all ended up being one giant ruse in the end. But, still very interesting to see what the nano are capable of. And, it was a nice twist to see our heroes our electronically dominated present, even if it was a fabricated "Matrix" developed in Aaron's mind. Anyway, this episode has brought Aaron's current arc to a close and we'll move on to an elevated state of terror awaiting around the next corner. But, let's discuss some things that happened in the episode.
- The Matrix was a great analogy (or rip-off/homage, depending on how you want to look at it) for Aaron's brain to tell him via Charlie what was going on. The nano are microscopic computers that pretty much can network and exist anywhere.
- Aaron went through a very LOSTian Flash Sideways scenario where he had to be woken up and then had to wake everyone else up to help him. At one point, I thought everyone was in a shared dream state, but it really was just people in Aaron's mind helping him fight off the AGENTS/Artificial Intelligence. Of course, those Agents took the shape of Dr. Horn and the Patriots (possible name for a lame wedding Jazz Band?).
- I liked how Miles and Monroe both called him the same nickname (Beardy McGee) when they first saw him. I like when he finally jumped off the building and thought he woke up he gave a sarcastic "yay". Actually laughed out loud at that one.
- But, we were shown how smart this nano tech is with fooling Aaron after he went all Neo on them and stopped being afraid. He referred to them as knock-off Skynet crap (Terminator reference for the youth of the world out there). But, they seem to be a little smarter than Aaron gave them credit. Aaron went back to Willoughby with Priscilla, lights flickering all around them because they thought the nano were dying. And then the nano seemingly were attacking the Patriots and then Miles, Rachel, Aaron and Priscilla. Rachel got nabbed by the crazy targeted lightning and Aaron popped open a computer and started writing code to fix the leak. Of course, I was going to question the logistics of just opening a random computer and fixing code, but since it was all part of his nano infused dream, I didn't need to!
- So, in the end, Aaron got outsmarted and the nano thanked him and are moving on to bigger and better things. The Nano in Dr. Horn's image gave a pretty evil grin and a "Oh you have absolutely no idea what's coming but time to wake up!" look to Aaron that it certainly has us speculating what's ahead for the world and our heroes.
- So, all of this stuff that has been happening to Aaron since the beginning of this season has seemingly been moving towards this end-goal. Forcing him to fix them which will allow them to do whatever is next. What is that? I'm not sure I can even speculate but I'm sure it would raise the stakes to another level where it's more than just the rebels vs. the Patriots.
- The last shot we have is of Aaron and Priscilla ACTUALLY leaving Lubbock and most likely heading to Willoughby, Texas. And of course there we are still waiting for a stand-off between Miles/Rachel and the Nevilles to occur.