Hello fellow Walkers! Well, Robert Kirkman had hyped up this episode as a "can't miss" and it certainly lived up to the billing. Disturbing is probably an understatement to what was going on with those crazy kids, one in particular. Of course, they served as the catalyst to the elephant in the room between Carol and Tyreese and that played out wonderfully. Let's dive into it!
- Okay, so maybe we overthought it, right? We said Lizzy being the crazy person feeding the walkers was TOO obvious. Looks like obvious was the way to go here! Of course, killing the rabbits a few weeks ago had us thinking this already. Granted, they added more depth to the insanity in this episode by showing ultimately how unredeemable Lizzy was from her beliefs. Lizzy tried to save every walker that they came across. At one point she wanted to become a walker. Meanwhile Carol gave us foreshadowing that Mika was pretty much going to end up like Sophia because she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Of course, when push came to shove, Mika was the one saving her sister by taking out a walker.
- No sense building up to this. While Carol and Tyreese were off talking about how this house they found could be a place to make a life with these kids...Lizzy got into her experimentation and sliced her sister to death knowing that she'd rise again. Lizzy's demented little brain thought that this would finally prove to Carol and Tyreese the point she's been trying to make. As if running around playing with a Walker wasn't enough proof that they'd never be on the same page! Of course, the most disturbing part was that Lizzy was already planning to do the same thing to Judith too. (which was the thing I was fearing most the whole episode.)
- Now, I'm glad I don't live in a zombie apocalypse so I don't have to make these decisions, but after that it seemed pretty clear to me what THEY had to do. Lizzy was unstable and could not be around any of them, especially Judith. So, Carol did her thing and took out another one of the living. RIP Mika and Lizzy. You served as an important part of moving the plot forward!
- This turned out to be perfect timing for Carol to come clean on killing David and Karen. It's a different world they live in, and while it is horrific, Carol was trying to save the greater numbers from dying and turning. It was hard for Tyreese to hear, and he pondered grabbing that gun that Carol offered up freely...but in the end he forgave her. Going through what they just went through in a short period may have been enough, but they've both been dealing with this drama for awhile now. So, maybe it was just a fresh reminder. I'm sure there is a bit of selfish "need" there on Tyreese's part too. He could kill Carol, but then it's just him and Judith trying to get to Terminus. But, now it will be the 3 of them heading there along with everyone else at their own pace!
- So outside of that main plot, there was the whole discussion about that fire. What on earth happened there? Someone set fire to a bunch of Walkers? Surely, that's where the burning walkers were coming from right? I wonder if we'll see next week a parallel story that will explain that. Or, maybe it's something happening at Terminus.