Hello friends and welcome back to the Revolution! This show is continuing its path to answering some of the questions we've been pondering for some time on this show and has managed to keep the action coming as well. Another entertaining hour in the books. Of course, I'm still pulling double recap duty tonight, so I'll continue with my brevity! Let's dive into the discussion.
- We got some background on our fellow Patriots. Specifically, Mr. President, Mr. Doyle and Mr. Truman. Truman seems to have been stationed at Guantanamo Bay when the blackout occurred. The Secretary of Defense Jack Davis arrived there with half of the US Government and gave a rousing speech about how they saw this blackout as an opportunity to recreate the country as they saw fit. He mentioned how 70% of the nation would perish as part of this blackout and the remaining 30% would be the strong ones. And, of course, if anyone stood in their way, they would just reeducate them. That's where Doyle came in. It turns out he is the man with the expertise in reeducating the population. We learned that the REAL President went down with Air Force One, and the Vice President was the only person that stood in Jack's way. We can assume that he took care of the VEEP and has risen to power. Of course, they stayed camped out in Cuba for 15 years while people like Randall Flynn took care of things on the main continent. It remains unclear if they intentionally caused the blackout for this personal gain or not, but that sure seems to be the case.
- We also learned that while we thought the reeducation camps were drugging the people to force them into subordination, it goes much deeper. There is a number tatooed under their eyelid and once the number is read aloud it turns them into a killing machine. We saw it first with one of the kids captured by our heroes when she shot her dad then sliced her own neck. And then at the end, it APPEARED to have "awakened" Jason to either tell the truth about his father's intentions or maybe to perform violent acts on him. Of course, you never know if Jason is faking the brainwashing or it actually is still in effect. So we shall see!
- Lots of subplots with our heroes too as Rachel came to terms with Charlie and Connor "getting it on". And of course, the whole "how far are we willing to take this war to win?" decision with having to kill these brainwashed kids. In the end, Rachel won in stopping Miles from killing that young man. It remains to be seen whether that will come back to haunt them. This also spawned a conversation between Miles and Monroe about their intentions. Miles pretty much figured out that Miles' goals were pretty much the same as they've always been, except his son will be by his side this time. And of course Miles had no real answer to what his motivations are. Oh I dunno, the greater good? To do what's right? Monroe doesn't think that is Miles at all. And if it truly isn't, there wouldn't be much of a show here. But alas, Miles still feels the conflict!
- Of course Aaron and Priscilla are on their weeklong 200 mile trek to Willoughby. Aaron noticed Priscilla was acting quite strangely and suddenly happy. She used the excuse that with all that has happened to them at least they're alive and together. And of course, that led to them "getting together" if you know what I mean! Of course, then Priscilla walked off into an open field with a large tree and summoned a bunch of fireflies around her. Well, I guess it beats smoking a cigarette. So what is going on there!? One might suggest that it's not really Priscilla or that Priscilla is working with the nanites just like their buddy was in Lubbock. Or, she's just being influenced by the nano and has no control. Or something else. Stay tuned!
- Of course I skipped over the whole giant battle scene with Tom and Truman taking the forces to Miles and Co. It was a little cliche' to have the Fathers Tom and Monroe fight while the sons Connor and Jason fought. But, it was fine! And of course, Jason hesitated when he saw Charlie, so expect a love triangle! And of course, the big thing is that nobody important died as always and Doyle is really irritated at both Tom AND Truman. Stay tuned for more fireworks here as well!