Welcome back to the Revolution! Well, the gang is all back together and everyone is happy again! Or, you know, completely miserable which is par for the course of this show. But, it did make for some entertaining television to see our season 1 rivals forced to work together. The show continues to exceed my expectations from what it showed us last year. I'm not going so far as to put it on the same level as some of my all time favorites, but I definitely have started to anticipate it every week. And that's always a good thing! Let's dive into the recap.
- Well, Monroe didn't do any favors for fitting in with this group. I guess we can now see how this is going to work. Monroe will work with them but he's a bit of a wildcard in the mix and will do whatever he needs to do to get to their goal. So, I'm guessing the friction won't die down any time soon. I've seen the previews for next week (I won't spoil), but all I'm gonna say is that what they're teasing is probably not happening!
- Aaron and the Nano tech. Rachel explained that for the Nano Tech to be responsible for what's happening they would have to network images to Aaron's head and obey orders. And the nano tech is not designed for anything close to that. Aaron's only defense is that it's happening so it must be true. So what does it all mean? I still wonder if this is part of the unforeseen side effects of turning on the power. We did see the sky light up with crazy lightning when it happened, seemingly implying that nature is all screwed up. It's either that or someone else was tampering with the nano technology since Rachel worked on it. Of course, I guess it could be both of those things. Whoever was in level 12 of the tower may have been involved, hence why they knew restoring power would have unknown impacts on the world. It's interesting whatever is going on!
- Miles asked Rachel how well she buried Ken. She explained how the whole crime scene was cleaned up as if it never happened. Miles gave a surprising look to Rachel and mentioned how she's a complicated woman. I just found it worth noting that she has this shady side to her. We've seen it ever since her first flashbacks.
- Miles may not want to admit it, but he did seem to have fun working with Monroe to pick off those Patriots. I'm sure we can expect some fun action sequences with these 2 working in tandem.
- During discussions about Rachel being wanted by the Patriots, it was asked why they didn't just grab her up when they took over the town. No answer was provided, but this may go to indicate that Truman and crew are not aware of the "wanted" nature of Rachel. Or they're playing a long con.