Hello TV Addicts and welcome back to the Revolution! We're still on a streak of decent episodes to begin this season. Less mythology driven events in this one, but the action and plot advancement were good. Let's not waste time making up nonsense for this intro and dive right into the recap!
|Anyone else getting a Michael Jackson/End of Thriller Video vibe here?|
|Calling Bon Jovi, we need half of your song here!|
Long story short here, Charlie was getting duped by Man Candy Perfect Teeth Guy. Monroe found a truck full of wanted flyers. Monroe's name was on one, but so was Rachel's. Uh oh. What's she wanted for? I dunno, probably something to do with her role in the blackout maybe false blaming for the bombing as well? We shall see. But the long and short of it is that Charlie and Monroe are now fighting for the same cause. But Charlie still doesn't trust him and left for Texas without him. Who wants to bet that Monroe will find a way to track her even though she is "untrackable"?
Key quote from this storyline was the extended scene of a camera following Charlie's rear and then seeing Man candy staring at it. Her response (paraphrased), "Keep your eyes at sea level or I'll poke them out." Have we seen the last of this bounty hunter? I guess with a bounty still on their heads, probably not.
Lots going on here. We found out the girl behind the red door is Titus's wife who also is living on borrowed time. She is diabetic and has lots of other issues going on. But they keep her pumped with fresh O Negative at the expense of many other people's lives and she continues to live on. Miles starts to get his involuntary transfusion, when Rachel conveniently found a tunnel that led right to the room behind the red door! What are the odds!? Long story short, Miles is saved and they rescued Sarah, and took Titus's wife as a bargaining chip.
There was token "mad guy" back at the compound who thinks that Stu (Miles) has brought nothing but trouble since he arrived. And of course, trouble was not lurking far behind. Titus and his army showed up to get his wife back and ransack the town. Of course, there was an aside by his supposed #2 who clarified that HE is a Patriot and is paying Titus to scare the people of the town. But he doesn't want them all killed.
Miles meanwhile promises Titus can see his wife Jessica for proof that she's alive, but then they're going to talk about a plan to resolve this issue without violence. This was done, but we also found out Jessica was unhappy about still being alive. She hates being married to child porn connoisseur Titus. She saw her sickness as a way out, but he wouldn't let her have it. So, in the end, she waits for her opportunity and slits her writs with broken glass. RIP Jessica. You just made things incredibly difficult for the town!
Miles and Titus still come to an agreement that the town will be emptied out and Miles will subject himself to the blood transfusion to save Jessica one more time. However, Titus whispered into his buddy's ear to go check in on his wife. We'll call the buddy "Monkey Boy" because he was literally climbing and jumping around like a monkey working his way to Jessica's room. Of course, he found out she was dead which lead to an all out battle!
The town was able to get off a few wagons of civilians, but Aaron's wagon got caught in the crossfire. He took thinks into his own hands and protected the people from his wagon.
Miles and Rachel fought side by side with the 3 of their working hands. But Rachel got an arrow to the chest and fell unconscious. I thought we'd be getting another resurrection on our hands, but she still had a pulse apparently at the end of the episode. When all hope seemed lost, machine guns came in from every direction and took out Titus's crew. And Titus's PATRIOT friend suffocated Titus to death (I think).
|Okay, Bon Jovi, maybe we'll take an encore.|
American flag was raised at town hall, and the "American Troops" were marching down the streets. The patriots have taken over and Miles seemed to not think everything turned out for the better.
And that's where we left things this week. There are a couple other things to discuss, not much!
- Aaron and Cynthia (his girlfriend) had a discussion about what really caused the blackout and his "resurrection". While Cynthia thinks it all sounds ridiculous, she still thinks that God or something supernatural/natural (i.e. nature) CHOSE to have Aaron survive. Something beyond just a computer. I'm sure this is all leading somewhere. And our commenter Bryan last week had a good theory that maybe the machines are evolving and want to protect their creators somehow. I guess we'll see!
- Not sure I remember this, but Monroe brought up that Randall had the "all seeing eye" symbol on his ring. We knew he was a patriot, but I forgot we may have seen the symbol last season too. But more attention to the symbol makes me still think we're going into Masonic territory or some kind of secret society.
- So, I still wonder if we're going to see some magical healing powers affect other people. Miles has a messed up hand. Rachel has been shot with an arrow in the chest. This would probably put normal people out of commission for awhile. We'll see what happens!
- I thought after this episode we might be leaving this Texas Compound that their in, but it looks like we're just changing the stakes a bit. But, it's clear that all of our characters are getting pulled into the same plot so they probably will be ending up in the same location eventually.
- And of course, the big question is what do the Patriots need in Texas and more particular this area of Texas? Did they know Rachel was there? Because we know there's a bounty on her head. Or is there something else in Texas that they're looking for? I guess we'll find out.