- Thank God we have Daryl to keep things real. “Hope ain’t worth a damn thing. We’ll find her and she’ll be fine. Am I the only one Zen around here?” Classic!
- We also have Lori wondering what that 1 gunshot was all about. She knows that Shane and Rick would not have fired guns. And why only one gunshot? But their resolve was to keep moving.
- Later on, it is getting dark and they’re going to call it a night and continue the Sophia search the next day. They’re getting close to the RV and Andrea gets a little split up from the group only to find herself head to head with a walker!! Cue horror movie screaming…. She gets out her knife and tries to stab the thing but to no success.
We join Rick, Shane and Carl a few moments after we left them last time with Carl shot through a deer. No introductions necessary for Otis who is running right with them. He is obviously the guy who shot Carl and it doesn’t take long to like the guy. We all know it was an accident! (granted, that didn’t stop us from hating Ana Lucia, right?)
So Dale and T-Dog are still hanging out by the RV. It’s not long before T-Dog starts going a bit delirious. And they see his wound is infected. They start pillaging the cars for more supplies, looking for anti-biotics.
- Hmm, isn’t fever one of the first signs of “walker conversion” for lack of a better phrase? He was never bit, but it is interesting to take note I would think!
- The rest of the crew return (minus Shane, Lori, Rick, Carl and Sophia) and catch Dale and T-Dog up on the situation. Andrea gives Dale a very intense look of anger as she almost was killed by a walker, the exact fate she was hoping to avoid.
- Carol obviously doesn’t want to leave the RV as it could be where Sophia comes back if she finds her way. Dale will not leave his RV unattended. They end up all volunteering to stick around, but Dale orders Glenn to go to the farm and take T-Dog. The man needs anti-biotics.
To Be Continued
Quite the intense episode as always! What did everyone think? Too slow or what you’ve come to expect from The Walking Dead? Just another day in the life of these survivors? I love it and can’t wait to spend more time with them all. It would be hysterical if they only pick one bullet fragment out of Carl per episode. But, I don’t think they’ll drag it out that long!
I’m very curious to know what else is going to go down at the farm. I guess there is more history to what has happened there than what is initially presented to us. If Hershel lost his wife, there has to be a story there. Maybe there are walkers around somewhere, just hidden? I guess we’ll find out!
But for now, that’s all I have! Fringe returns this Friday for a HUGE episode! I suggest everyone tune in if you can and then of course, check out the blog over the wknd. Terra Nova will be back next Monday. Oh, and I checked out Once Upon a Time by former LOST writers Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. I have to say I was fairly impressed with the episode. Definitely lots of potential and I recommend checking out the pilot episode (ABC.com maybe?) and then weekly from there. I’d love to recap but my hands are tied up already with a Sunday show. We’ll see how things go, but I’d love to discuss it if anyone else is watching!
So until the next recap, I hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I’ll see you next week!
- This season I will be recapping Fringe, Terra Nova, The Walking Dead and Alcatraz. If one of these new shows ends up not doing well, I may bail on it quickly. This could make room for a show that DOES end up doing well!
- The Walking Dead season 1 is a quick 6 episode watch. It is now available on Netflix streaming, at Redbox. I highly recommend the view!