Hello everyone! We're back for another Alcatraz recap. I am enjoying this show, don't get me wrong. But, I have to admit I'm kind of happy the finale is next week! We got some good plot movement this week to set up the 2 hour finale, but hopefully there are some big reveals next week to keep us excited for a 2nd season (which I think chances aren't looking too good). Anyway, it was another solid outing tonight and here comes the quick recap!
- We saw the next evolution of the Emerson/Lucy love story in 1960. He asked her out on a date and they went to Patty's Night Club, to which Emerson still frequents in the present day. Lucy was talking about her career and the breakthroughs she's trying to achieve and Emerson just fell head over heals for her. And they shared a loving smooch. Awwwww
- We learned that some of these inmates have been out long enough that they're starting to move into apartments and getting accustomed to living in 2012. Soto pointed out they'll be harder to find now. So, it remains to be seen if ALL 63s have already returned or if they're scheduled releases out into the world.
- Lucy's ability to change Webb with revealing his musical ability put her high on Warden's list. Obviously, he'll plan to use Lucy's skills to his advantage whatever that may be.
- Webb was so thankful of Lucy's help that he hoped he could repay her one day. One day turned into 2012 when he came to New Alcatraz. He seemed to freely give up his blood for any chance to save Lucy's life. And sure enough, as the episode was ending, Lucy's eyes opened! (Creepily I must say, even when I knew it was coming!)
- And the final icing on the cake...Soto and Madsen are getting more and more suspicious of Emerson's secrets. Emerson even slipped at one point and almost revealed that he's housing all of the 63 inmates in a new place. He had to reveal that the colloidal silver was important. But what he did not intend to be revealed was that Lucy was one of the 63s. Sure enough, Soto found some old band footage in the archives at Alcatraz. Madsen and Soto saw Lucy on film in 1960. Madsen realized that Emerson knew this whole time and kept it from them. And also thinks that Lucy may be the key to everything.