Well kids, we made it through season 1 of Terra Nova! How did we fare? It wasn't the worst show in the world, and naturally far from the best. But, I was entertained in any case. Season 1 will be known for its over-the-top acting, intentionally (hopefully) cheesy dialogue/moments and spectacular High Definition scenery. But, for the most part it was a feel good show that entertained. I wouldn't be upset if it returns for a season 2, but as I have stated previously, I probably won't return to blogging about it. At least not full episode recaps. But, just for kicks we'll do it one more time! After we recap, I'll once again talk about my future blogging plans as well as that big life change for me that will affect us all! (well me more than you!) As far as the finale goes, it was action packed and probably the most entertaining episode of the season. And there was tons of cheese sprinkled all over the episode, just how I like it! Anyway, let's get into the recap.
Whew where to start with this one. It's a 2 hour episode but I think we can sum it up a lot more quickly than that. Basically, Taylor and Jim have prepared the colony for the worst as Lucas is planning to return with the Phoenix group who will threaten this great new civilization they have founded. We get a glimpse of the future where Lucas and #2 (he eventually gets a name but calling him #2 in my head grew on me while watching) plotted their evil takeover. Lucas and #2 were overacting to the extremes in this episode and it was highly entertaining for all the right and wrong reasons.
|"I'm gonna buy my own dome!!"|
Anyway, back in the past, Taylor and crew thought they had everything accounted for, but sure enough, Josh's involvement earlier this season was used to the bad guys' advantage. The bad guys sent a few 11th pilgrimage people through including Josh's true love Kara. Josh wanted Jim to be on the lookout for Kara since he couldn't be there himself. So Jim went out and hugged her. Everyone ended up being distracted when an unwilling suicide bomber was sent through next destroying the portal thingy. This allowed the paid-for military bad guys to arrive at some different location in the past and occupy the Terra Nova colony while Taylor and crew were decommissioned.
|Maniacal Laaaaaugh! (Anyone see The Muppets?)|
- Taylor: "What else is out there?"
- Jim: "What's more important is, why did Phoenix head out there immediately?"
- Wash told Taylor to "Can the Cheddar" at one point. Any reference to cheese belongs here!
- Taylor standing on the Jeep as he goes off to war.
- The Phoenix soldiers at the bar who just earned a free tab. "Drink up Boys! There's thirsty work ahead of us!"
- Pretty much everything that #2 (oh yeah, his name was Weaver) did. He was so disgusted with being in the past with all of these creatures. His paranoia, his laughter, his lust for money and power. But his best quote came in the future when he returned with the oil. "Today you're rich, tomorrow is just gonna be stupid!"
- Mark and Maddie didn't disappoint in this episode. Lots of kissing, "I love You's" and Jim walking in on them kissing. Classic stuff.
- When Lucas tortures Jim he pulls out a taser gun. Jim's response? "Cool toy!"
- Zoe to Taylor "If you ever need another hug, just ask." Ugh, too cutesy!!!
- Taylor returning home with his battle wound and chest exposed complete with leather jacket. Don't get me wrong. Very bad ass but total cheese fest!