Hello friends and welcome back for our ongoing Season 6 discussion of The Walking Dead! I loved last night's episode and would love to dissect every detail ahead of our discussion. However, my children had other plans for us on Sunday evening, which as we know is more often the case these days for me. I'm not complaining, nor will I ever be! So, this post is going to be super brief and then we will continue the discussion as we always do in the comments!
- Loved everything about Rick and Daryl's road trip for supplies. Law of averages conversation, their run in with the new and very entertaining character Jesus, finding the supplies, losing the supplies, shotgunning an Orange Crush, sharing a Kit Kat, the list goes on. There was a light humor to the episode that's rarely found in such a dreary environment of a show. It was a nice tone to have before things start getting nuts again!
- Obviously the big turn in this episode was Rick's new attitude on recruits and Daryl acquiring the opposing view. We'll see what happens with Jesus, but he seems to be too great a character to have him end up being a villain. If I had to guess, this is a popular comic character. I'm sure someone can confirm.
- The Spencer/Michonne/Carl/Enid stuff was good too. Powerful scene with Carl luring Deanna's reanimated corpse to her son to be offed by someone that loved her. And even more emotional when Carl explained why he did it to Michonne. Only in a Zombie apocalypse can the expression, "I'd kill you again if you turned" be one of the sweetest things you could ever say!
- Maggie and Enid had a little brief scene too. Enid's been distant and Maggie told her she's there for her. Seems like a planting seeds for a future episode scene.
- Eugene talking about the special corn (I think...volume was low) and Daryl/Rick just responding with blank stares was fantastic too.
- And of course, we all figured it was coming but maybe not so soon. Michonne and Rick got. it. on! And then of course were ready to throw down in the buff when Jesus came a knockin'! I didn't watch much of Talking Dead but I did hear them say that a couple months had passed since the last episode. I had assumed similarly due to the tone of the episode. Rick and Michonne joking around in the beginning and end of the episode with their toothpaste commentary and all. So anyway, 2 months in a zombie apocalypse is probably enough time to mourn the loss of his ALMOST girlfriend Jessie. Of course, with what Rick's been through even a half of a day might be a justifiable length of time!