Hello fellow Walkers! Glad to have this show back for the next 8 weeks! It was pretty intense as always. Unfortunately, due to the timing with other obligations, I'm not able to give this week's episode the full recap treatment. (Advanced notice, the same thing is going to happen later this month too. Sorry!) But, I will definitely be providing my thoughts as soon as I have the chance! I'll post a few talking points after the jump to get us started!
- I think the most unsurprising TV moment in history was seeing Merle and Daryl walk away from that fight alive! But, still glad it happened!
- Nice to see Andrea starting to question the Governor's antics and finding out some of the stuff going on behind her back. But, it doesn't seem like she's going anywhere anytime soon. So ol' Phillip still has his clutches on her.
- It may have been just me, but I definitely could feel some budget restraints in the Woodbury scenes where they had to show a lot of people panicking. I know there were more, but it seemed like maybe 20 people flipping out. And then the "2" cars trying to get past the gate was kind of comical!
- Looks like Michonne has some convincing to do over the next few episodes. I'm sure Rick will realize she's a valuable asset. And now he knows that she knows Andrea. Come to think of it, now they all know Andrea is in Woodbury too.
- Can't believe Daryl went off with Merle. I mean, I can believe it because we all discussed something like that. But, to ditch his crew like that? It's partly Rick's fault, but I can't blame him for not wanting to bring Merle in.
- But, he might be forced to bring Tyreese (I think that's how it's spelled on this show) and crew in, thanks to Herschel's sage words. I think we gotta watch out for that Adam and Ben guy though. At least I think that's what those red shirts' names were. (I'm just assuming they're not going to be around for the long haul, but who knows with this show?!)
- And then there's Rick. Dude is going crazy! Hearing ghosts on the phone, seeing Shane with a beard, and now ghost Lori all in white? That creeped me out more than ANY walker I've seen on the show. And to be the last thing I watched before going to bed? Not cool Walking Dead! But, cool at the same time! So, not sure if Tyreese and crew actually left the prison or just that room when Rick was freaking out. Guess we'll see!
- Oh yes, and loved the Mail Crate aka CRIB with the "Little Ass Kicker" label on it. Good stuff!