Hello my friends! Welcome to the season 4 finale part 1 recap of Fringe! We had another crazy episode on our hands. Of course, it's only half of the story that will be told so we're kind of left hanging for the big conclusion. But, WOW, didn't see that twist coming! I guess we should have after the future vision we got a couple episodes ago. But, the advantage the writers had was a logistical thing with a certain "retired" actor returning that somehow they kept secret from the media (or at least me). Anyway, it led to things taking an unexpected turn in the final moments of this season, let alone series. I'm guessing this recap might be a little lighter than usual as we will have more to dissect after part 2 airs next week. But, you know me, I do like to ramble on about things. So, let's see where this thing takes us!
|"There's only one man who would DARE give me raspberry!!!" |
(name that movie)
- "What will they think of next?" - in relation to the cell phone payment.
- Using an easy bake oven to cook a pie and solve a mystery was classic.
- The way he revealed that all of Boston was in danger. So casual in telling Peter that Broyles needs to back up his perimeter a bit. How much? "all of it."
- Calling Astrid "Alex" and saying how he's going to go find William Bell. Naturally, he can't drive so Astrid goes after him. She asks him about calling her Alex. He just says, "I was on a roll." Classic!
- Not really comical, but Walter asked Astrid earlier why she was always "mother henning" him. She said to humor her because she might like it. While we are in a rebooted timeline, it would seem Walter and Astrid's relationship was returning to the way we remembered it. In fact, everyone seemed to be acting like their old selves minus different memories of events.
- Rhubarb is referenced when Walter talked about his Uncle Heinrich.
- And of course, we'll never look at Lemon Cake the same way again. Laced with pig brains and paper to draw out cortexiphan traces!! Yummy!
- Peter and Olivia looked to be house hunting in the beginning of the episode. Olivia asked if one particular house had a nursery. We knew these discussions had to be heating up soon. Of course, I wondered if she was already pregnant and still do. But it was a sweet moment.
- As the episode progressed we see Olivia paying particular attention to Jessica as she has a 4 year old daughter that she is concerned about. She calls the father to pick her up even though it's not his day. And she was very concerned about insurance from the FBI and how they handle next of kin if she were to die. Everything she volunteered for was for her daughter.
- This got Olivia worried about starting a family with Peter. They're always putting themselves in danger. But, Peter said they would figure it out together.
|Hmm, someone hasn't touched their wine.|
- I'm going to put 5 bucks on her revealing she's pregnant (or it somehow being revealed that she is pregnant) before the next hour is up. I mean, she needs to be pregnant like YESTERDAY for that future vision timeline to have any credibility!